Watch This Sp_ce is hiring!
Watch This Sp_ce is growing, with new clients joining us across the UK. We need experienced trainers with a strong understanding of diversity and inclusion to help deliver high quality interactive training, in person and online, in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
£45 per hour.
This is a freelance role, so hours will vary depending on our clients’ needs.
We will also pay travel expenses.
Purpose of the role
To deliver in-person and online training sessions and workshops on a variety of topics to support organisations with diversity and inclusion, collaboration and team cohesion.
About Watch This Sp_ce
We are on a mission to help businesses work better together. We know that, right now, many people and teams aren’t able to fulfil their full potential because standard ways of working don’t work for everyone. So we offer education, analysis and strategy planning to support organisations to identify their areas of opportunity and to take tangible steps to drive meaningful difference in the way that their teams work.
Working with us
We’re a small start-up, which means it’s often busy and work is varied. Currently we have three permanent members of staff, and a team of freelancers who support us with delivering our services. It’s a small team where everyone is supportive of each other. We rely on each other to get done what we say we will, when we say we will.
We are looking to expand our reach across the UK – rather than our existing team travelling all around the country, we are looking for freelancers in different locations who can support any clients in those areas. If you can help us find clients in your area, that’s even better, and will mean more work for you.
Diversity and inclusion
Diversity and inclusion is what we do, so it’s incredibly important to us to build a culture where everyone can feel they belong. We’re keen to bring new perspectives and ways of thinking into our team, so we’re looking to hire people from a range of different backgrounds and identities and with different experiences.
If there are any ways that we can make the recruitment process work better for your individual needs, please contact Mo at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be very happy to make any adjustments we can.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong track record of delivering complex training
- Is skilled at facilitating conversations and discussions
- Can comfortably handle challenging conversations and questions
- Feels confident with diversity and inclusion terminology and concepts
- Can speak engagingly and enthusiastically to/with a group of people
- Is reliable
- Is open to feedback and new ways of doing things
Some knowledge of and experience with diversity and inclusion work would be preferred. We’ll give you full training on all our courses and sessions, so don’t worry if you’re not currently a diversity and inclusion expert – we’ll teach you.
If you’re interested in working with us, this is how the process will work:
- First, send us your CV and covering letter explaining the relevant skills and experience that you have, and why this role interests you
- Then, if we think you’ve got what we’re looking for, we’ll invite you to send us a video of you delivering a short piece of training (you can record on your phone or via Zoom – we’re not worried about video quality, just about seeing how engaging and enthusiastic you are when you give a presentation)
- After that, if we believe you have the skills to deliver our training, we’ll invite you to an online interview – all questions are pre-released so you can prepare in advance
- We will then let you know if you have been successful – if you have, we’ll invite you to an online session for training on our topics and approach (we will pay you for this time)
- After that, we’ll let you know when we have clients available for you, and we can also work with you to help you find clients if you like
At each stage of the process, we will respond to you within seven working days. We will come back to you either way, whether you are successful or not.
Think you might be interested?
If you’re considering applying, we’d love to hear from you. You can email Mo at email@example.com with any questions about the role or the business, and we’re very happy to have a chat about what it’s all about.
Or if you’re sold already, send a CV and covering letter telling us more about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.